This is the easiest and fastest recipe ever. Peanut Butter Cups are a great treat to enjoy if you are craving something small during the day. Or simply don’t feel like bake anything complicated.
Peanut Butter Cups are a great source of immediate energy, good before doing the sport they won’t leave your stomach full and heavy. They are a perfect to-go “candy” that you can carry with you in your bag or car. If not eaten right away, you can store them in a container in a fridge or freezer for a long time.
As this super-simple treat contains only two ingredients, quality is very important. Try to use the darkest chocolate with the lowest percentage of added sugar. Same with the peanut butter. When I was living in Nepal, I used to make my own peanut butter as I could not find one that I would like, and that would not contain anything else but peanuts. Still, if I can I prefer to buy a good quality peanut/ cashew/ almond butter to save some time. In this recipe, I only used peanut butter, but you can use any nut butter you like – cashew, almond, pistachio… or even any filling you like (coconut butter, homemade nougat, fruit puree…) just make sure your filling is thick enough.
(for 10 middle-size cups)
200g Dark Chocolate
3 Tablespoons Peanut Butter (or one of your preference)
Rose Petals, Beetroot Powder, Pistachios, Pumpkin Seeds, Sea Salt …
- Place small paper cups on a plate or even surface. I recommend doubling paper cups – it’s easier to work with them
- Melt the chocolate in a small pot over the boiling water (double boiling method)
- Pour a tablespoon of melted chocolate inside the cup. Move the cup around so that melted chocolate covers sides of the cup. Repeat this with all cups. Place cups for 5 minutes into the freezer to allow the chocolate to set
- Take cups out of the freezer and spoon a bit of peanut butter (or your filling) in the middle of the cup
- With a tablespoon, cover the filling with the rest of melted chocolate and let it sit for a minute or two
- For decoration, I used rose petals, beetroot powder (great balance of sour beetroot and sweet chocolate), and nuts
- Place cups back to the freezer for at least 20 minutes. After that carefully remove the paper and enjoy